Post Your SP: a thread to help users get up and running

The purpose of this thread is to compile information from users who are satisfied with how SP is running on their system in order to create a reference for new users. Please share your computer specs, operating system version, SP version, and your audio interface. Then, share any issues you had during setup and how you resolved them.

For example,

• Did you have an issue that was fixed (or caused) by an OS update?

• Did you upgrade your audio interface to get lower latency?

• Did you make a small tweak in your OS that made a big difference?

Here’s an example and a suggested format:

Computer: 2016 MacBook Pro (no Touch Bar)
Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7 (Dual-Core)
RAM: 16 GB 1867 MHz LPDDR3
Graphics Card: Intel Iris 540
Operating System: macOS Mojave 10.14.5
Audio Interface: Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 Gen. 2
SP Version: 1.6.4

Issue 1: SP doesn’t detect my audio interface, or detects my interface but not the sensors. Solution: close SP and power cycle the interface.

Issue 2: Very little perceptible latency with a buffer of 128 samples (44.1 kHz sample rate). I was able to reduce the buffer size to 64 samples without any audio issues (e.g. pops). Latency is now even less perceptible, if at all.

Issue 3: Sluggish graphics. Meters in SP update slowly. Changing the Display Profile fixed the problem. Go to System Preferences > Display > Color and select sRGB IEC61966-2.1. You may have to deselect “Show profiles for this display only” to see this option. This fix is detailed in this thread.

Hi all!

I just got my DW LowPro traveling kit (awesome) with mesh heads (Remo), MacBook Pro 2019 i7 maxed out w an RME Fireface UCX interface. Everything is working really well I’m also using the sound streamer with Ableton 10 w PUSH 2 to do live looping no problems.