Basics: Can I sequence an ON then OFF Sample command on alternating hits from the same trigger region?

Basics: Can I sequence an ON then OFF Sample command on alternating hits from the same trigger region? It seems like this exists on one of the presets with the Snare Shoulder Rim, but I can’t find it now to see how it was done. I assume it’s a Sequencer setup of some kind, but don’t know how to set it up. I am surprised it’s not just a basic default Mode on the Sampler, as it is on my DJ gear.

Sidenote: Basic Sampler Modes would be useful, like fingerpad settings, with Start/Stop, Playthrough, Infinite Loop, etc…though the sustained play while held function would of course need to be modified somehow. Also, a Start/Stop/Start-from-Stopping-Point function would be cool, instead of just re-triggering the same start point.

Hi @SacredBlasphemy ,

Yes!

Here’s a .sp2 with an example of just that:

toggle-example.sp2 (3.6 KB)

You would probably want to add a velocity assignment to a toggle macro, and then assign that macro to either a mute button or a sequencer (set to manual).

In the attached set, the velocity assignment is set to respond to everything, but you can filter the zone that triggers the assignment (outlined in green below):

Also, there is a sequencer set to manual mode, and the toggle macro is assigned to switch between two steps (“off” is step 1, “on” is step 2). The samplers in the example are assigned to step 2.

Thanks for the feedback and feature ideas!

Best,
stevenz

1 Like