Easy way to view the melodic and harmonic samples?

Hi how can I easily see all the melodic and harmonic samples and instruments in the software?

It would be great if there were some definitions for chords or the pitched sounds types or instruments…

I can navigate into the packs to see the samples but is there a list where I can audition all of them?

Cheers mark

Hi @Suttomark ,

First, you’ll want to make sure you have sample audition monitoring enabled on the output you’d like to play them through (headphones, main outs, etc.).

Then, I’d suggest navigating to the “Samples” tab in the library panel and opening the “Tonal Instruments” folder. Here, you’ll find the chord samples and the single-note tonal samples used in the core library organized by preset name. You can audition them by clicking on the sample, like the video below:


Chord and tonal samples from sound packs outside of the core library can be found alongside the “Tonal Instruments” folder in folders matching the name of the pack, i.e. Xanthopleura, Cymatic Habitat, etc.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Thanks for that great answer Patrick!

I guess im one of the users that want to explore the melodic/harmonic aspects of the software.

I have been loading in some melodic/harmonic sounds into the software and slowly getting my head around the best way to do things.

Just about to try intergrating a roland spd30 or even my pearl malletstation into the software.

Also I just want to say thank you for the new soundpacks. I appreciate the time it must take to create them, a lot of people hours!

Happy to pay, especially for velocity inspired multilayered melodic/harmonic packs.

Ok thanks Mark, Australia

Ps any update on multi-unit capabilities yet?

I could certainly use another tom and cymbal with full sound options within SP2.

1 Like

Hi @Suttomark ,

Just wanted to follow up to let you know that we’ve released a new 2.8 Beta, which includes support for using two Portals at once, allowing for up to 14 sensor inputs.

More info here: