How to save a kit?

Hey!

I’m not sure if this should be “support” or a “feature request”. I’ve made myself an acoustic drum kit with my own velocity layered samples. Its the full works! I have samples for center, edge, rimshot, stick shot, dampened, cross-stick, rims. I was really pleasantly surprised how easy it was to configure. The thing that actually took the longest was making all the little tweaks afterwards e.g trigger thresholds to make it respond well to my style of playing and tweaks to the individual sampler levels to make sure each part of the kit sounded balanced.

Now that I’m really happy with how the kit is sounding. What I would like to now do is save the ‘kit’ as a kit preset within the library of kits alongside all the pre-made kits. Is this possible? This way I will be able to load the kit in whatever “Set” I open in the future. I’d prefer not to have to make the kit again every time I want to use it in a new set, if you get me. Forgive me if I’m being blind, but can’t seem to find the option to save the kit.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Nick

1 Like

Hi Nick!

Glad to hear you’ve made an acoustic drum kit yourself! That’s exciting, I don’t know of many users who have done that yet.

It’s very easy to drag and drop kits you’ve already made into your current working set. Here’s the manual entry on how to find your own kits.

Essentially you just need to add the folder where you saved the set file to your user sets bookmark, then double-click on that set, and then drag the kit to an empty kit slot in your working set. You can also double click on the kit in the user sets browser to see the individual drums inside of it and then drag/drop that drum onto a drum channel in the mixer - in that way you can mix and match drums from different kits to make a new kit.

Let me know if you have any other questions about making that happen.

Best,
Stevenz

3 Likes

Hey Stevenz

Thanks for your reply! I clicked the link to the manual entry but couldn’t work out how to do it. But then managed to figure it out from your explanation above. Thanks, got the kit now in the User section ready to go whenever I need it in a new Set!

Nick

1 Like