Kick Trigger Troubleshooting

Hello! First off, these triggers are great and super fun to play with. Everything has worked right out of the box.
I’m basically looking for some advice on getting better sound/reaction from the kick trigger. I seem to be struggling to get the input level and thresholds worked out so that I can hear a good loud sound without having to blast the input level.

If I keep the level at 50%, I get a nice flat line in the threshold screen and my hits are registering but they’re super super quiet. If I turn the level to ~100%, I get a good reaction but the signal is super noise and there’s a lot of random mis-triggers.
I’ve played with lowering the thresholds but that doesn’t seem to be bolstering the trigger sound. I’ve also tried re-training but I haven’t had much luck there either. So far my best solution is turning the gain up to 100% on the compressor. I was wondering if you had any other ideas that I could be overlooking.

Thanks!

There are a few things that could be causing this issue.

The most likely cause is that the magnet fell off of your kick drum. On the kick drum, especially, the magnet can fall off if you play hard within the first 24 hours after application. Check to make sure that the your magnet is still there.

Another potential cause is that the sensor is not positioned correctly over the magnet. Lay your bass drum flat on the ground and check to make sure that the LED is shining directly behind the magnet. You can also use the positioner as a guide when attaching the sensor as seen in the gif on this page: http://help.sunhou.se/start/sensor.html

After you have confirmed that the magnet is in place and the sensor is firmly attached and aligned correctly, check to make sure that you don’t have a defective sensor. Swap one of your working sensors with the one on the kick and see how it functions on a new drum. If you do have a defective sensor, send us an email at support@sunhou.se and we will guide you through the exchange process.