Mapping problem

Hi again,

I have a small MIDI controller with 2 physical knobs and I want to use it to control parameters inside my active Set in SP2 during live performance.

A couple of questions regarding the best way to route this:

  1. What’s the most seamless way to map physical CC knobs to specific parameters (like dry/wet, filter cutoff, or volume) within a Set?

  2. Is there a way to assign the knobs globally (so Knob 1 always controls Parameter X of the currently selected Set), or do I need to map the MIDI CCs manually inside each individual Set/patch?

1 Like

Easiest way:
Connect your MIDI device to your computer (usb is the simplest in my opinion)
Check your MIDI devices in SP2 options (small button shaped like your portal on the bottom right of your screen, then “MIDI Devices”)
Make sure your MIDI device’s box is ticked.
Then, add a MIDI controller, the same way you would add a snare controller, or a tom, or blablabla, just click the “+” button, and a MIDI option will be there.
Then here you are.
If you turn your knobs, green lights should be flashing on your new MIDI controller.

Then, you can assign any parameter in SP2 to any of your knob. Like you would assign a LFO, just choose “midi” when you right-click on a parameter, and here you go. There is a “learn” box you need to click to activate (then deactivate) the MIDI learn, which will recognize the Knob you’ll be massaging

Regarding your second question, it depends if you use a Global set or not.
I don’t, so I map my MIDI CCs manually everywhere I need it. It’s pretty quick to do in my opinion.

Hope it helps, as my English isn’t the best.

2 Likes