SP1 Plug-in - threshold doesn't save

Hello Everyone,
I need some help.

My thresholds are not saved from show to show (running SP 1 plug-in in Ableton). Secondly, my kick drum is re-triggering (double flames).

I just finished a run of festival dates. I run the SP1 plug-in and Ebosuite plug-in (visuals) in Ableton. Before each show, using my own drums, I had to retrain each pad, manually reset the thresholds for each drum, and reconfirm with FOH that they were receiving solid and stable sounds. If I don’t do this, the MIDI information will not be triggered, and I won’t have any signal heading to FOH. This has caused havoc and panic in set up or, in the case of festivals throw-and-go environments, delayed starts.

Secondly, the kick drum pad is being triggered (flamming) by stage sounds and or cross-talk. I am considering using my old SPDSX kick pedal.

Can anyone provide support? I need a stable and dependable solution.

Thanks
Marek

1 Like

It can be finicky, but I think you should be able to store settings with the kits, no?
Good to hear that you are able to use it successfully on that kind of a run of dates

I have been unable to get SP 2 to load in Ableton
I think there is more that I can try, did you have any issues getting it recognized as a plug in ?
Thanks and good luck !

The plug-in is being recognized. I suggest reinstalling the plug-in; go into settings; rescan; and find it in your VST3 folder.

I need a stable solution for the plug-in.

Thanks for checking in and good luck with the plug-in.

Marek

1 Like

Hi @marektyler,

If you are using different Ableton sessions every show, then I can think of one reason that your thresholds might not be getting saved. But if you are using the same Ableton session each show, then the mystery remains - they should be getting saved.

Here’s a refresher on Thresholds and why they might not be getting saved properly between different Ableton sessions.

1)They are saved with the trained usermodel, which can be added or swapped out by clicking on the downward triangle near the top of the drum channel:

2)You can access the threshold settings by clicking on the “Threshold” button on the top left of the pad visualizer. Where you can change the threshold, sensitivity, and velocity I/O for the entire usermodel. In the case of double hits/flams on your kick, @marektyler, I recommend setting your kick usermodel to have a -2 sensitivity, and see if raising the threshold helps, too:

This process works slightly different in the plugin. If you make a change to your usermodel in an instance of the plugin, then you must export it if you want to be able to access those changes in another instance of the plugin, or in the standalone. You’ll see that with usermodels inside the plugin, they have a (p) before the title of the usermodel:

There’s a technical reason for why the usermodels inside the plugin shouldn’t overwrite one another, but that goes beyond the scope of the original question - happy to elaborate on that if anyone is interested.

Best,
stevenz

@Jim_M, I second what @marektyler wrote.

I think the most common reason it wouldn’t be found on a Mac OS would be that VST3 System Folders is unchecked in the Ableton preferences:

On Windows I can’t remember off the top of my head where the plugin is saved by default, but it’s possible you’d have to select Browse (outlined in red, above).

You can always check to see where your Sensory Percussion 2 plugin is saved by:

1. Open the Sensory Percussion 2 standalone software

2. Open the Settings Window and look under General/Plugin Version Installation:

Best,
stevenz