Void Training Bug?

Hi all,
Fairly new to Sensory Percussion and loving it. I’ve been having an issue lately when trying to retrain pads. After selecting “void” in training mode the counter does not reset to 0 but just adds to the existing tally (In my case I had 50 training hits already saved and added 10 more). When I exit and then re-enter training mode, the counter does not account for the new hits until I reselect “void,” whereupon they are counted. On other pads when I select void the counter will switch to a seemingly random number (ex. I had 73 saved hits and it switched to 65). It seems to be happening across all pads and I can’t get anything to zero unless I create a new model. I have the latest version of SP installed. Anyone else experienced this and know what’s going on? Thank you!
Jon

Hi there!

Here’s the spot in the Getting Started Guide video that addresses the void pad.

The void pad is for dealing with cross-talk that cannot be filtered out with the threshold panel and other methods.

It works just like training a pad: you enter learn mode, repeatedly hit the drum that is causing the sensored drum to activate (usually that would be a kick drum or sometimes a hi-hat next to the sensored snare drum).

After you’ve trained the unwanted sounds into the void pad, test your void training by hitting whatever it is that’s causing the sensored drum to misfire (in the video above it’s a djembe by the sensor) and see if the void pad lights up. If so, that means that means it shouldn’t be a problem for you anymore.

But it’s generally best to avoid training the void pad and rely on automatic cross-talk cancellation, the threshold tool and sampler velocity I/Os to deal with cross-talk

Best,
stevenz

Thank you! My issue was based on a fundamental misunderstanding rooted in a false memory.