Where are threshold and velocity curve settings saved?

I’m trying to understand how/where Sensory Percussion saves the threshold, gain, sensitivity and velocity curve settings for each drum. Is it saved as part of the set or is it connected to an individual drum that has been trained? I’m trying to understand how to save these settings properly and be able to reload them, call them up in a new project or add them to an old project.

Also, in connection with that it would be great to have a “cancel” option in the threshold settings panel rather than just the “save” option in case you decide you don’t want to save the changes you have made. It would also be really handy to be able to save custom velocity curves to disk and be able to load them rather than have to recreate them very time.

Thanks!

Hi MNDMTH,

The velocity curve settings for each drum are saved in the app settings file. When we designed this bit, we didn’t find ourselves having to change these settings that often, but found it useful for the curve to stick with the channel. The idea is that you can set the curve for your snare channel and load a different model and the curve remains.

Unfortunately, we don’t have a way to manage presets for curves in the current version. But we’ll consider the feature for a future release!

If you’d like to investigate the curve settings in the properties file, you can find it here:
on mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Sunhouse/Sensory Percussion/config.properties
on windows: [user name]\AppData\Roaming\Sunhouse\Sensory Percussion\config.properties

Not that if you have SP loaded as a plugin in Ableton, it will load your preferences from this file, but any changes to the curves will be saved with the ableton session. We did this so that if you record something and save it in ableton, when you come back to it later, it will replay as you left it.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

1 Like

Thanks @tenoch. This is really helpful to know. I understand better now. Actually this question was partly related to the issue I was just discussing with you by email about the rim/head response of my sensors. You might not have realised it’s the same person though due to my forum name.

Stuart Brown