Evans Portal Headphone Outputs In Ableton Etc

Hi,

I’m trying to use the Evans Portal as an audio interface for my new live setup and I’m not getting sound out of the headphone outputs in Ableton or any other platform for that matter (Spotify, YouTube, etc.). The headphone outs only work when using the Sensory software itself. Am I missing something? Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Yes, headphones output on channels 3/4 and you can select those as the main outputs for your operating system. On mac operating systems to do that:

1. Navigate to Applications/Utilities/Audio MIDI Setup
  2. Select the Evans Portal as your output device and select “Configure Speakers…” in the bottom right corner
  3. Select Headphone L and Headphone R as your speaker configuration.

Best,
Stevenz

1 Like

Hi Stevenz,

Thanks for the reply but I’m using Windows 11. I don’t see any options to change the speakers configuration from the main outputs of the Portal in the control panel section of Windows. Any suggestions?

Screenshot 2023-05-10 070919

(I set the cue out in Ableton to 3/4 headphones so that issue is resolved, just can’t use the headphones out for other things yet.)

Regards,

Kevin

I struggled with this as well (on macOS) and eventually resolved using Loopback to send audio from Sensory Percussion to both 1/2 and 3/4 at the same time.

Does this send audio out of the Mac headphone port? I’m looking to be able to hear what I’m doing even when I don’t have the interface plugged in.

Loopback (and similar software) creates virtual audio routing and busses that can’t normally exist inside your computer. For example, I can send Spotify audio and SP2 into a single Loopback channel and then have that as an audio source inside Ableton. It’s a little spendy at $100 or so but VERY worth it